SEO Internet marketing, small agency cost but large agency quality. We have been working in SEO industry for over 10 years and can offer a range of services covering, Internet Marketing, SEO, Web Design, PPC, Content Writing, Bespoke Link Building and more.
We aim to deliver a transparent, natural, organic service that does not have a contract which ties you down and allows you to assess a campaign as it progresses.
We have worked with clients ranging from small to medium size enterprises right through to PLC’s such as Serco PLC, Bluebanana.com, Ecco, Eurocarparts to mention a few.
Being based in Central North West England we are able to travel the country via rail with ease, if you require a meeting at your offices.
A Little About Internet Marketing
Marketing has changed through recent years. Originally it was all done offline through fliers, word of mouth and commercials. Internet marketing has grown in popularity and can be completed in various ways, including article marketing, email marketing and social media marketing.
What Is Internet Marketing?
This can be called online marketing, web marketing and even webvertising. In short, it is the advertising and marketing of products or services through the web. However, it is not just completed on webpages; it is also done through email campaigns and any form of wireless media. It helps to create a digital relationship between the company and the customer or client so any digital form of advertising is actually classed as internet marketing.
Types of Internet Marketing
There are many different types of internet marketing and each of these have their own benefits and drawbacks.
- Search engine marketing is the use of search engines for promotion. This can be through paid advertisements with the search engines or through search engine optimisation. SEO is predominantly free to do and offers the chance to improve a website’s page rank to gain more traffic through search related results. There are different types of search engine optimisation – on-page and off-page – and each of them will need to be looked into equally.
- Social media marketing is the use of social media sites. This will include LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and Facebook. Companies often create accounts and use them as they would personally. They will Tweet regular updates about products or add a Facebook status on their page about a new service they offer.
- Email marketing is through emailing people directly for advertising purposes. This is often done through an autosender software, which makes it much easier for the owner. The email marketing campaign may be regular emails offering tips and advice or it could be less regular emails promoting a specific product.
- Direct marketing is when companies or sole-traders use banners. These are advertisements placed on other websites and blogs and help to drive people to them. The banners are often placed on websites that are similar to the niche of the company.
- Affiliate marketing is becoming extremely popular and makes it possible for others to promote a product and receive a reward. Companies compensate their affiliates normally through a set percentage of the profit gained from the product or service bought.
- Video marketing uses video to market a product, service or website. This does mean that a person needs to create a video, whether it is low or high quality. The video can use reviews from customers, simply promote a product or be fun and catchy to help it go viral.
- Referral marketing is gaining traffic through referrals. Previous customers will tell their friends about the product or service and the company they bought from and is an internet version of word of mouth.
Benefits of Internet Marketing
It is possible to reach the thousands through internet marketing. Articles can be placed on directories that many people search all over the world. Advertisements can be placed on social networking sites for people to see while they are talking to friends. At the same time, this form of marketing can attract single users who are looking for something specific, such as through search engine optimisation.
It is possible to target those searching for a specific niche or topic. This means that you are more likely to gain a customer from them. Affiliates can write articles on a topic and link your product in there to gain more customers – they will already be looking into that niche that they are more likely to buy.
Local-SEO is becoming more popular and is a great way to target those from a specific location. This means adding addresses and local phone numbers to websites and creating local pages. This helps to sell more since you are targeting the specific people that you want to target instead of targeting the whole world.
This is relatively inexpensive since many forms of internet marketing are free. There is no charge to set up a page on a social network or to send out emails to the masses – unlike trying to send out mail physically. There are some forms of internet marketing that have a charge but these charges are often small. You can also control the amount by setting a budget, especially when you have pay-per-click advertising.
You can quickly see how effective your marketing strategy is. Internet statistics are often visible much quicker than waiting to see if offline marketing is working. This means that you can make changes if you need to or add more funds to areas that are working more effectively.
Limitations of Internet Marketing
There are some downsides to using this form of marketing. One of those is that not everyone will use a computer. While technology use is increasing dramatically, there are still people who refuse to have the internet and not everyone is able to afford their own internet connection. This means that you will still need to use offline marketing to reach everyone.
People are wary about buying something from the internet. This is due to the amount of scams that are available online in recent years. People may not buy through affiliate links, believing that they increase the costs or because they want to do more research. People may not trust article marketing, worrying that it is written by someone who has never used the product.
It is also impossible for the customer to see the product they are buying. This is why many companies now offer a guarantee, usually between 30 and 90 days. This will allow a customer to try before fully committing to the purchase. However, not all marketers offer this and it is not always possible for marketers to be able to offer this and is open to scams.
Internet marketing is on the rise and there are benefits to adding it to your marketing strategy. On the other hand, it is important to look into other forms of marketing and assess your target audience. This will help you gain more traffic and make more sales so your business thrives.